Here are 10 questions to ask yourself that could help you be a better person, focus on what’s important and evaluate what you’re doing.
1) If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?
I came across the above from Stephen Levine in Chicken Soup for the Soul. Stephen’s questions were fantastic and made me think about other questions I should ask myself.
Here’s what I came up with:
2) If you became like the 3 people you hang around with the most, who would you become?
3) Where will you be in 3 years if you keep going in this direction?
4) What would do if you were the only one judging yourself?
5) What would you do, if you couldn’t fail?
6) Who do you love? What are you doing about it?
7) When is the last time you celebrated?
8) If no one knew how old you were, how old would you be?
9) If all the people you helped today helped you, how much help would you receive?
10) What are you grateful for? (I think this is an excellent question to ask at the end of every day – by the way, research shows that writing down what you’re grateful for daily will make you happier.)
Hopefully these questions to ask yourself will get you thinking. Ideally, they’ll encourage you to take a few steps in the direction you’d like to go.
What questions would you add to this list? Please scroll down to the comments to add more questions to ask.